LISTEN AND ENJOY IT

Sunday 16 January 2011

BOOKING A ROOM IN A HOTEL (FACE TO FACE)

Here is an example of a dialogue that takes places in a hotel between a receptionist and a guest. It can be used a as template for you to practise speaking.

R: Good evening madam.

G: Good evening, my name is Jackson. I have a room booked for tonight.

R: Oh right, I´ll just check…..What was your name again?

G: Jackson, Elizabeth Jackson.

R : Jackson? Er….. well there is no record of a reservation here. Did you make your booking by phone?

G: No, by email. I´ve got a copy of your reply here, look.

R: I see. Well there´s nothing on the computer.

G: Well, do you have a room?

R: I´ll just check……Oh! Yes, we seem to be half-empty tonight.

G: Well , can I have a room then?

2 comments:

chethran said...

Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!



Hotel Reservation

pop art canvas prints said...

Really helpful, thanks a lot!