Here you have the document with the guidelines you need to do the project.
Good luck! =)
Good luck! =)
A TOURIST ATTRACTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE
Assignment: This project should be carried out at one of the top tourist attractions we can find in Madrid. You must interview two people and ask for permission to video-record the interview. If not, at least ask permission to record the sound. Do it in pairs. Some interviews will be published on the blog www.agr8tourblog4u.blogspot.com for educational purposes.
Aim: To use English as a tool for communication and to get to know the people who visit our country (nationalities, reasons for travelling, accommodation chosen, opinion about tourist attractions…)
Assessment criteria: It will be graded from 1 to 10 and will be part of the mark of the oral skills.
Deadline: By Friday 3rd February 2012. You will have to send me or hand in the files (with an extension I can see and listen to) and the transcription of the dialogues.
You can begin like this:
Good morning/afternoon/evening. I’m a student of Tourist Accommodation Management / Travel Agencies and Events Management / Tourism at Hotel Escuela High School, Madrid. We are doing a project about tourist attractions in Madrid. Would you mind answering a few questions? If you don’t mind, we would like to record the interview as a class practice. Thanks a lot.
- Where are you from?
- How long are you staying in Madrid?
- What is the purpose of your visit?
- Where are you staying (type of accommodation)?
- What monuments or places have you visited so far?
- Which one did you like most? Why?
- Could you give us a short description that summarises its main features?
- Did it fulfil your expectations? If not, why not?
- From you point of view, which are the top five visitor attractions in Madrid?
Student recommends one or two more places to visit (one of them has to be a ‘natural attraction’).
Thanks for your help. Enjoy your stay.